Friday, January 25, 2013

Step-It-Up Card using Sale-a-bration and Spring Mini Catalog Items

The roads were so bad yesterday!  I was very happy to stay home and craft the day away.  It was the perfect time to play with all my Spring Mini Catalog and Sale-a-bration items I received over Christmas.  (A little present I ordered myself from my hubby.)  I love how you can create a very simple card using the basic items on-hand (cardstock, stamps, ink and ribbon) and then step-it-up a little by adding embellishments and/or designer paper.  I found a really cute card on SplitCoastStampers by Christy Fulk.  Click here to see her sample and here to visit her blog.  Here's what I created:
Cute and Simple Bloomin' Marvelous Card
Created by Tammi Verbarendse
Material:  So Saffron Ink Pad and Cardstock (8 1/2" x 5 1/2"), Calypso Coral Ink Pad and Cardstock (5" x 3 3/4"), Very Vanilla Cardstock (4 3/4" x 3 1/2"), Island Indigo Ink Pad and 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon, Bloomin Marvelous Stamp Set 

Cute and Stepped-Up Bloomin' Marvelous Card
Created by Tammi Verbarendse
(I added my favorite embellishments... punches, dimensionals and pearls!)
Material: So Saffron Ink Pad and Cardstock (8 1/2" x 5 1/2" plus a little scrap for the butterfly), Calypso Coral Ink Pad and Cardstock (5" x 3 3/4"), Very Vanilla Cardstock (4 3/4" x 3 1/2"), Island Indigo Ink Pad and 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals, Bloomin Marvelous Stamp Set

Cute and Really Stepped-Up Bloomin' Marvelous Card
Created by Tammi Verbarendse
(Now I added designer paper and some extra techniques, like simple distressing and the Rock-and-Roll technique on my butterfly!  I also added dimensionals to the back of the oval and the coral cardstock.)
Material: So Saffron Ink Pad and Cardstock (8 1/2" x 5 1/2"), Calypso Coral Ink Pad and Cardstock (5" x 3 3/4"), Very Vanilla Cardstock (4 3/4" x 3 1/2" plus a little scrap for the butterfly), Island Indigo Ink Pad and 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon, Bitty Butterfly and Extra-Large Oval Punches, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals, Tea for Two Designer Series Paper, Bloomin Marvelous Stamp Set


Hope you enjoyed my samples!  Have a great weekend!

Tammi

No comments:

Post a Comment