Friday, August 23, 2013

Getting Ready for the First Day of Kindergarten

In case you haven't heard, my kids aren't the only ones preparing for their first day of school next week...  I will be teaching a Kindergarten class again and I am so excited!  I needed to make a sign for the first day of school and an All About Me poster, so I thought I would dig into My Digital Studio and some of my other supplies to get crafty.  Here are the My Digital Studio versions and then my finished poster at the end of this post.  (My sign didn't print in color, so I just mounted it on some Real Red cardstock to make it look brighter.)
My sign I created, so my class can find me on the first day of school.

A quick 11 x 8 1/2 scrapbook page featuring my children (and my puppy).

A little bit of info about me on a 5 x 5 page.


I couldn't forget to add a little page about my husband, so here is another 5 x 5 page.


My finished poster!  I used some current and retired materials for this project.  The really cute brain at the top was drawn by my daughter, Kaity for our Kindergarten theme this year - Building Brains.  She is so talented!!
Materials used:  My Digital Studio, Strawberry Slush cardstock & ink pad, Pink Pirouette cardstock and marker, Going Gray (I think) cardstock (retired), Smoky Slate ink pad, Retired Alphabet Dies (totally spacing the name), Morning Post Alphabet & Papillon Potpourri stamp sets
Thanks for looking and I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!! 
Tammi

1 comment:

  1. This is a very cute idea to get them oriented to you. Love it!

    ReplyDelete