Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday Three Preview

Okay... I actually accomplished this task today.  Some turned out better than others and I learned a few pointers along the way, too.  I am going to post a little preview of my projects and then post the finished three tomorrow.
I mixed some reinkers with white and black acrylic paint.  Then I painted the masking tape and let it dry.  I used Wild Wasabi, Tangerine Tango, Night of Navy & Elegant Eggplant.  I learned that I really need to buy some more reinkers in the newest Stampin' Up! colors!!

I wanted one of my projects to be in my Art Journal.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to do yet, so I put masking tape in the middle, tore some of the First Edition DSP and then painted gesso on top.

This was the project that I was planning on doing today that inspired my whole "Thursday Three" idea.  I wanted to put masking tape, that I cut in half, on a canvas and then watercolor on top with our refills.

I haven't made a card since Christmas, so I wanted to have that be my third project.  I thought it would be cool to stack my painted tape to create a cake.  I liked the saying, so I cut the prongs off an In Color Glimmer Brad and used a glue dot to stick it on top.  It still didn't look right, so I added some extra embellishments.  THEN I realized I forgot to incorporate the DSP... Check back tomorrow to see how I tied it all together!
Well... there's your sneak peek.  I hope you like these ideas and I'll see you tomorrow with the finished projects!

Happy Stamping!
Tammi

No comments:

Post a Comment