Saturday, January 14, 2012

My First Finished Art Journal Page

I can't tell you how much fun it was creating this page!  I can't wait to do more!  (Of course, my husband would probably appreciate me folding all the laundry that has been piling up while I've been crafting... at least I washed it!)

I forgot to mention that I'm using a composition notebook that my sister gave me years ago.  She decorated the front with the girl from the So Cool stamp set.  (At least I think that's what it was called.)  She wrote a meaningful note inside, which is part of why I wanted flowers on the first page.

Also, I wanted to let you know that I have been walking on the treadmill while I've been doing my 'research' on YouTube.  Okay... you probably don't care about that, but it makes me feel better.  :)
The note my sister, Stacy McCain wrote me is on the left.  It fits perfectly with my page!  I decided to add a little sparkle by using my Smooch Spritz in Vanilla Shimmer and some Basic Pearls.  I also used some of the new Large Pearl Basic Jewels that are in the Occasions Mini that just came out.  I kind of flipped the edges of the flowers up and I'm done!

A closer look of the finished page.  Art Journaling by Tammi Verbarendse
Hope you enjoyed this!  Happy Stamping!
Tammi

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I was a little sentimental that Christmas. :) The page looks lovely - cannot wait to see it evolve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun page Tammi! Love the twine with the sweet flowers!

    ReplyDelete