Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 1 of Convention Highlights

Our agenda for the day:

  • General Session - Our theme this year was 'I am..." and we were asked to finish the phrase.  I, of course, wrote, "I am chatty!"  :)  The highlight of the morning was my favorite motivational speaker we have had at any Convention, Jason Dorsey!  Check him out on Facebook.  He was funny and really knew what he was talking about when it came to Gen Y and Baby Boomers.  I really want to buy his book now!  I also got a bit of swapping in!  Check out my swap bag my sweet friend, Ralynn got me!

My swaps fit perfectly!!

  • I am Savvy Class with Donna Griffith.  Great demonstrations by Dawn Griffith (So many different ways to use our ribbon!  Loved her suggestion to pull the stitching on our Stitched Grosgrain to gather the ribbon.), Laura Milligan (Loved her apron made with our fabric!) and Meg Wheeler (I never realized we could do so many things with our new Noel kit coming up in our Holiday mini.)
  • Lunch - Time to take more pictures of the Inspiration boards
  • Make-n-takes using Daydream Medallions and Affection Collection - Okay... I had a bit of an issue with these projects.  I got a little stressed out because I don't like to take the time to line up my stamps and use the Stamp-a-ma-jig.  This led to me just trying to stamp them straight and... well... it didn't quite look the same as the sample.  ;)  I was also getting ink all over my hands from cleaning the stamps with baby wipes... HUGE selling pitch for our Stampin' Scrub!!  They are soooo much better and cleaner than baby wipes!  Anyway, here are the rest of the projects, which I do like.  I can't wait to try this set with the coordinating framelits!
Hmmm... guess I should have used the Stamp-a-ma-jig.

3 x 3 Cards made with Daydream Medallions and Affection Collection Stamp Sets



Cute paper bow!

  • I am Reaching Out Class with Emily Montoya - More great ideas on reaching more customers, hostesses and recruits.  I guess I'm not really following the "short blog posts" suggestion... 
  • General Session - Lots of My Digital Studio ideas and information!!  The newest version, MDS2 will be available August 1st!  So many new functions, that you will just have to check it out!  Click on the link at the right to head to the My Digital Studio website!
  • Dinner - Fabulous dinner and wine at Cafe Molise
  • Awards Night - It is so motivating to see how hard these top demonstrators have worked to win these awards!  Congratulations to all of them!
That's it for now!  I'll try to keep Day 2 a little shorter... ;)  Told you, "I am chatty!"
Tammi

No comments:

Post a Comment