Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 2 of Convention Highlights

My Agenda for the day:
  • General Session - I think one of my favorite memories is of Shannon West coming out on stage dressed as a very glittery witch!  Too cool!  She demonstrated some amazing Halloween and fall projects.  One of her projects was a fabulous Howl-o-ween Printer's Tray and we were told that new recruits will receive this kit for FREE when they sign up August 1st - 30th!  WOW!!
          Bonnie Thurber, who we found out wants to marry Santa, came out after Shannon and showed some great Christmas samples!
  • I am Open for Business Class with Carrie Cudney - Start looking in some of your favorite magazines for the new Stampin' Up! ads.  They are beautiful and fun!  I get most of my magazines on my Nook, but I'll have to buy a paper copy so I can tear the ads out and frame them.  I'm serious!  They are really that cool!  Let me know when you see one.  If you haven't liked my facebook page, please do!!  It's such a simple way to find out what I have going on with Stampin' Up!  I also learned that I really need to start making videos to post.  Stay tuned!
  • Lunch
  • Make-n-Takes using You're Amazing - I only finished my card, but it was my favorite project that we made during the whole Convention.  I have to mass-produce this card, so I can actually give it to someone.  ;)  I LOVE this stamp set!  I will post a picture of my finished scrapbook page when I get back from Disneyland!


All my scrapbook page supplies...

What my scrapbook page should look like, minus the photo.  :)

  • I am Having Fun Class with Shannon West - If you want a good laugh, check out The Lion by Greer Childers on YouTube.  Too funny!  Shannon discussed using the 5 senses to bring out the most fun in your classes and parties.  I am going to try this at my next Bunco... Stampin' Up! Style event coming up in Boise on August 21st.  Check out my Facebook Page for details.
  • General Session - It's always fun to see Shelli stamping on stage.  She showed us an incredible journal that she had made that is right on trend with what I'm seeing in craft magazines and online everywhere!  She used so many of our stampin' tools and accessories that I can't wait to work on my journal!
  • Dinner - we were meeting some of our Stampin' Addicts friends for dinner, so we walked over to Tucano's to have all-you-can-eat on-a-stick.  Okay... maybe it wasn't all on a stick, but the Minnesota part of me thought it was.  Make sure you have an appetite when you go there.  Yum!!  The grilled pineapple is the best!  Glad we walked there and back, so I didn't feel so guilty.
After dinner, we headed back to the Convention Center to take the rest of our Inspiration Board pics while it wasn't so crowded.  Then we headed back to our hotel room to enjoy a nice glass of wine and look at all of our cool swaps!

Final Convention day is next!
Tammi

No comments:

Post a Comment