Friday, July 27, 2012

Highlights from our Pre-Convention Day

I wanted to post about all the class, general sessions and make-n-takes we did each day, so I'll be posting those next.  First, I want to share about all of the excitement when I arrived at Convention last Wednesday!  After a yummy lunch at MacCool's in Layton, which is one of my favorite places to eat, I headed to downtowm Salt Lake City with my mom and sister.  

It was a little too early to check into our hotel, so we just headed straight to the Convention Center to get our cute bag full of goodies.  It's so fun to see what it looks like each year!  We didn't want to swap until Thursday, so we just checked out Memento Mall and all the amazing sample boards.  There were some really cool demonstrations going on by the Memento Mall, so we got some great ideas and were able to see the new paper cutter.  I can't wait until it is available!

We headed back to the hotel to check in and get our swaps for our Stampin' Addicts gathering that evening.  It was about 5 blocks from our hotel, so we got a good walk in, too.  I just have to say that the Stampin' Addicts are awesome!  There are so many creative people in that group!  I can't wait to show you all my swaps, but for now... here's just a few.
Some of my swaps I got back.  The Christmas card is by my sister, Stacy McCain.  The two 3 x 3 cards are by my mom, Cris McCarthy.  (She even made cute envelopes using our Simply Scored Tool.)  The trading card is by Lisa Dallas.  (I never would have thought to use the Pleasant Poppies stamp on a small card... so cute!)

Some of my swaps I got back.  My Over-the-Top card, a Christmas Card and One Layer Card by my sister, Stacy McCain and a 3D swap post-it note holder by my mom, Cris McCarthy.

My bag full of Treat Holders!  I can't wait to have these on display!!

A few of us Stampin' Addicts... Paula Wright, me (Tammi Verbarendse), Missi Roeber & Stacy McCain.
After we had our fun swapping, we headed over to Squatters Brew Pub for some much needed refreshments.  ;)

What a fun day and we hadn't even officially started Convention yet!  Check back for Day 1 highlights.

Tammi

No comments:

Post a Comment